Saving Functional Vision Requires Early Detection
Real-world and clinical trial data prove that early wet AMD diagnosis with good visual acuity is essential in preserving long-term functional vision (20/40 or better) with treatment
AAO IRIS® Registry Real World Data (US)2 January 2013 - June 2017
Comparison of Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment (CATT) Trial4
162,902 eyes diagnosed with wet AMD (153,141 patients)
1,185 eyes diagnosed with wet AMD
- On average, the better the visual acuity (VA) is at the time of treatment initiation, the higher the likelihood for functional vision to be maintained for at least the following 2 years2,4
- Lesions at the onset of wet AMD grow more quickly, resulting in more rapid vision loss than later stage lesions5
- Vision is better preserved when anti-VEGF therapy is initiated while wet AMD lesions are small, and VA has not yet deteriorated
Not Enough Eyes are Detected Early Enough to Save Functional Vision
IRIS® Registry real-world data confirms what multiple clinical trials have shown: not enough patients are detected with good visual acuity (VA) at treatment initiation.
- Only 34% of fellow eyes had a VA of 20/40 or better at treatment initiation2
- Eyes can convert at any time between office visits and be left undetected for months before the patient’s next scheduled office visit
- For the majority of patients, vision loss is irreversible by the time wet AMD is detected using current detection methods
Eye(s) ≥ 20/40 at Wet AMD Diagnosis
Eyes that convert to wet AMD lose a substantial amount of vision before diagnosis and treatment
Not enough diagnosed wet AMD eyes are detected early
Real-world and clinical trial data show a small proportion of patients with good VA at initiation of anti-VEGF therapy in both first and second eyes.
*All but CATT included eyes with VA of 20/20 or worse (CATT included ≤20/25)
Help Patients Maintain Functional Vision
Adding the AI-enabled ForeseeHome monitoring program to your standard of care helps you diagnose wet AMD earlier, while your patients still have their functional vision (20/40 or better).
Real-world performance of ForeseeHome, which included analysis of 3.2 million tests, resembles pivotal AREDS2 HOME study results.
This real-world data analysis confirms that the use of ForeseeHome provides a significant benefit to patients as a means of increasing the early detection of wet AMD. Earlier detection of wet AMD with this FDA cleared device is a strong predictor of better vision over time with current anti-VEGF therapy.